9 Types of Meditation- All types are important. Level of importance vary with the expectation of an individual, at a point being. While pure consciousness also meaning enlightenment, Salvation and Nirvana is a starting point for even higher goals, it is not most important type for worldly wise practical meditation aspirants.
With this in mind, without maintaining an order of least or highest importance or short or long term, I list the 9 steps of progress as types of meditation below-
- Sitting still in meditation is the most primary of the type, and yet it is the most important and the FIRST of the meditation. The progress of meditation is sequential, one moves up in steps beginning with the smallest step first. Capability to sit still for meditation- sitting on a level place in at least a cross-legged position, if not in Padmasana, is necessary.
- Ability to generate and store electromagnetic energy in the body from Chant Meditation, is the SECOND. Sitting on a non-conductive material, wooden platform covered with thick wool mat and taking care to prevent wastage of energy by seepage through accidental contact with body touch to wall, bare floor, another person and water. We avoid meditation immediately before and after taking bath/wash.
- Ability to choose a Short Mantra for Vocal Chant that is related to chosen God Deity or Guru is the THIRD. Repeated vocal mantra chant cycles through the body magnet and generates electric energy. Focus on the vocal mantra sound also prevents diversion of mind towards naturally incoming thoughts.
- Stopping the vocal chant and remaining sat in silent thoughtlessness and receive an experience of peace and happiness is the FOURTH. This experience intensifies with practice of deep dives in the ocean of silence. One also experiences high flying space travel in this stage.
- Shooting a silent prayer requesting guidance from the Mantra Deity or Guru while in silence meditation and receiving coded messages in picture form- also called ‘VISIONS’ is the FIFTH. It is an experience of concentration for paranormal guidance for practical solutions.
- Continuing meditation while withstanding the discomfort of surrounding disturbances of sound, dirt, sights, heat, cold, rain, temptations of senses-food, sex, sleep is the SIXTH. It has the effect of blurring out impressions of external sense reception and transmission organs and opening, in an equal measure of the corresponding internal senses of reception and transmission. This begins a collection of paranormal miracle powers of several Siddhis through surmounting the primal elements of nature.
- Gaining of Enlightenment is the SEVENTH. It opens up a HOTLINE with the origin of every knowledge, the core super soul of nature also called the Atom of the Universe that is the common singular core of every element of nature.
- Using the enlightenment first for oneself and then for others is the EIGHTH. The process of meditation changes at this point of progress. One does not need formal meditation. One can get in and out of meditation Samadhi in minutes with a mental On/Off switch.
- Using the knowledge for enlightenment accumulated through personal enlightenment for guiding enlightenment of others is the NINTH and the last. This is- Kaivalya Dharmananda. The joy from the Karma of dispensing knowledge becomes Dharma of the Enlightened Yogi for the residual life.
Types No. 5 and 6 are intermediate level, 7 and 8 are advanced level and 9 to the last level. No.1,2,3 and 4 are at the preliminary level.